I’m sure a lot of us ate a little too much over the holidays and it’s time to de-bloat. Here are some safe and healthy ways for the whole family, to clear the body of all the sugar and excess food they might have been consumed.
Cleansing Foods Are Also a Good Idea
(Eat foods according to your blood type & combined correctly).
- The list would include raw fruits with plenty of cleansing fiber, organic if possible, especially since during a detox you want as few toxins in your body as possible to minimize any headaches. Oranges, tangerines, papayas, prunes, figs, dates, apples, mangoes, kiwis and berries are some good choices. Prunes and apples are the best but eat the fruit in moderation, as we don’t want to eat a lot of sugars.
- Once you start a detox, eat lots organic vegetables which are also full of fiber. This is the BEST category to stay in with your meals as it will keep the colon moving and with the least amount of sugars. Eat the vegetables in salads, steamed, mixed with eggs or along with a lean protein (chicken, turkey, seafood, tofu, nuts, seeds, eggs) all according to my Guide to Smart Food Choices, but not red meat while cleansing. Kale, broccoli, celery, lettuce, spinach, beets, corn, Brussels sprouts, turnips, artichokes, parsnips are some good choices of vegetables.
- Another smart choice is nuts and seeds. They are high in fat but they do have lots of fiber. Eat them raw, without all the fried oils and salts. Throw them on salads, mix them with veggies or with lean protein. Almonds are the best by far, plus whole flax seeds, pine nuts, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds are great on salads.
- Eat non-gluten grains and pastas (quinoa, amaranth, millet, buckwheat and whole grain rice) but sparingly for they fill you up and you tend NOT to eat your veggies!
- Avoid starchy vegetables, high carbohydrates and gluten products (wheat. oats, rye and barley). All those carbs=sugar to the parasites.
You can create your own detox with these foods or here is an easy but very effective and safe detox schedule for the entire family.
Family Detox Program
You can do this program for one to four weeks. The longer the better, but just one week is very beneficial. This program includes not only the foods mention above but also cleansing and detoxing drinks, teas and detoxing bath.
Drink Morning Cleansing Tonic: Grind a ½ cup each of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and watermelon seeds into a powder and take with aloe vera juice each morning on an empty stomach and if you can tolerate it, eat a garlic bud first thing each morning of the program.
Drink the juice and eat the flesh of one coconut and also eat some pomegranate. Remove the skin of a papaya and soak in Bragg apple cider vinegar on the first day of each week. Then for 4 days (2nd-5th day of each week) eat 8oz of this pickled papaya and drink 2oz of the vinegar solution.
Drink ½ cup of thyme tea. Thyme helps to cleanse the body.
15 Minutes before Lunch
Drink Detox Tonic: For the first 3 days of each week take the juice of the white part of green onions and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
Eat lots of organic vegetables in salads, steamed, mixed with eggs or along with a lean protein (chicken, turkey, seafood, tofu, nuts, seeds, eggs) and/or vegetable soup. Add a sprig of thyme, some cayenne pepper and a spoonful of fresh cut horse radish.
For a salad dressing add fresh garlic and thyme to Dr. Bo’s Olive Oil (Extra Virgin). Make 1 week prior to the program and let it set. Then for lunch and dinner, during the program, use the dressing on your vegetables.
Drink ½ cup of thyme tea.
15 Minutes before Dinner
Drink Anti-Parasite Tonic: For the first 3 days of each week take the juice of the white part of green onions and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
Eat lots of organic vegetables in salads, steamed, mixed with eggs or along with a lean protein (chicken, turkey, seafood, tofu, nuts, seeds, eggs) and/or vegetable soup. Add a sprig of thyme, some cayenne pepper and a spoonful of fresh cut horse radish. Use the thyme, garlic and olive oil mix for your dressing.
To speed up the release of poisons and toxins from your body, you can embellish the program with a Detox Bath twice weekly. The solution used in the Detox Bath flushes the poisons and toxins out of your body into the water.
What you need:
- 2 lbs of Natural Bath Crystals (Celtic Sea Salt’s Natural Bath Crystals is recommended)
- 1 tsp. of pine needle essential oil (Get at local health food stores)
- Tepid bath water, approximately 100 degrees, for a 20 minute bath
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Pour 2 lbs. of Natural Bath Crystals into the boiling water, creating a super saturated salt solution.
3. Pour the Natural Bath Crystals solution into the 100 degree tepid bath water.
4. Pour 1 tsp. of pine needle essential oil into the bath water and mix well.
5. Soak in bath water for 20 minutes.
Enjoy your detox and have a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
To Your Good Health,
Dr. Bo Wagner