Are you & your kids getting enough healthy omega-3s from your diet? From your supplement?
A diet rich in Omega-3s has a range of health benefits ranging from heart health, healthy hair and skin to crucial brain development in children and aging adults.* Its anti-inflammatory benefits are also known to help children with behavior disorders like ADHD and autism and has been linked to increasing concentration.
You might be taking an Omega-3 supplement every day, but how do you know if it’s working or if you’re really getting enough? We went to Dr. Doug Bibus, a scientific advisor for Coromega and a clinical nutritionist, who helped explain how an individual’s Omega-3 level is determined and why you should know your number.
“Research shows that the majority of Americans are deficient in Omega-3s,” said Dr. Doug Bibus, MS, PhD. According to Dr. Bibus, the optimum Omega-3 range is 8% or above, but the U.S. average is almost less than half of that at 4.2%! A study published in 2002 in The New England Journal of Medicine* suggests that Omega-3 blood levels at 6.87% are associated with a 90% relative risk reduction of sudden death from cardiac causes.
Getting tested for your omega-3 level is easy. A simple at home blood test will do the trick. Just like you would test for your cholesterol or vitamin D, testing your omega-3 blood level will give you the best sense of where you are and what you need to do to get to a healthy level. It will also tell you if you are getting enough omega-3s through your diet and if you are taking a supplement, is it working?
We took extra care designing our products for kids with autism. Our fish oil blend is strong in both DHA and EPA. The oil used in Coromega comes from wild, cold-water fish (sardines and anchovies), and then then undergoes molecular distillation, which removes toxins, heavy metals and PCBs.
Coromega’s Omega-3 fish oil is emulsified for superior absorption. In fact, it’s clinically proven to have 3Xs better absorption than fish oil soft gels*. Why does that matter? Well, it means your body will absorb more of the healthy benefits and will help to boost your omega-3 blood level.
More benefits of Coromega Kids Omega-3 Squeeze:
- Clinically proven more effective – 300% better absorption than softgels *
- Not a Pill – Our emulsified formula avoids the choking hazard of pills, even chewable pills. Simply open and squeeze directly for a fun treat.
- Especially enjoyable to take – Easy & tasty for children who have issues with food textures.
- Full dose in 1 squeeze – This is easier than taking multiple pills, and provides the a full recommended 650 mg of combined DHA and EPA omega -3s
- Kid-Friendly Packaging – Our cute ‘tiger’ packaging makes our Omega-3 more fun.
- No fish burps – Our emulsified technology makes fish oil easier to digest, meaning fewer fish burps and aftertaste.
- It’s Safe & Pure– We us wild caught, deep water fish & made in our own 3rd party facility, so we have direct control over the quality of our production
- Also available in lower concentration Gummy form for children who prefer it
So, do you and your children fall in the in category of deficient or are you at a healthy level? If interested in testing your omega-3 blood level, please contact Coromega at email@example.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.